Friday, 27 August 2010
Security official died after injuries in Al Qaeda assassination
By Nasser Arrabyee/27/08/2010
A senior security official died after being seriously injured in an assassination attempt carried out by Al Qaeda suspects in Mareb province east of Yemen, said an official statement Friday.
“Colonel Mohammed Fare’e deputy chairman of the criminal investigations in Mareb province died out of injuries early afternoon today Friday in the hospital of Police in Sana’a,” said the official statement.
On Thursday August 26,2010, a group of gunmen believed to be Al Qaeda operatives, seriously injured Fare’e when they opened fire at him while getting out from his house in Mareb. Fare’e is also working as the director of combating drugs in Mareb province.
Fare’e is the second security officials to be assassinated this year and the fifth since 2007 in Mareb province. Al Qaeda was accused of implementing the previous assassinations.
Meanwhile, the security officials said Friday in a statement they arrested two Al Qaeda suspects in Abayn province.
Jihad Abdullah Fakeerah, 25, was arrested with an explosive belt in his possession while driving his car in his way to the town of Lawdar.
The statement said that Fakeerah admitted that he was in his way to carry out a suicide operation with orders from Al Qaeda leader called Alawi Alawi Al Saqqaf.
Lawdar, Al Qaeda stronghold in Abyan, witnessed fierce confrontations last week between Al Qaeda fighters and security forces in which more than 30 people were killed including 19 Al Qaeda militants.
The official statement also said that one of Al Qaeda militant called Saeed was arrested in Zinjubar, the capital of Abyan, with weapons in his possession.
Saeed is one those suspected of killing four police men and injuring two others on Wednesday August 25th, 2010, in Zinjubar.
مرسلة بواسطة Nasser Arrabyee في 05:23