Monday, 19 September 2011
Two key Qaeda members killed in Yemen
Source: Okaz, By Abdullah Al-Oraifij
Riyadh- Naji Abdul Aziz Al-Zaidi, Governor of the Yemeni Governorate of Marib, disclosed to Okaz/Saudi Gazette that two Saudis who were among top commanders of the Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula were killed during recent battles with Yemeni security forces in the city of Zinjibar.
For the last three months, the city in the southern part of Yemen was controlled by the terrorist organization, but government forces regained control and managed to break Al-Qaeda’s siege of an important military base, where some government forces were trapped, Al-Zaidi said.
Al-Zaidi, who did not disclose the names of the two Saudis who were killed in the battles, said they were among the top 30 members of the terrorist organization.
Al-Zaidi, who survived an assassination attempt on Sept. 7, said the two were in their 20s and had been active in financing Al-Qaeda in Yemen through secret societies.
مرسلة بواسطة Nasser Arrabyee في 01:58