Sunday, 17 July 2011

Transitional council may lead to civil war and repeat Libyan conflict,opposition group says

By Nasser Arrabyee/ 17/07/2011

A  transitional council now   may lead  to a civil war and repeat the Libyan experience,an opposition group warned Sunday refusing the transitional council    Declared earlier  by a group of protesters.

In a statement sent to local websites,
Al Houthi groups in protest squares said
The council is "A dangerous step and it may lead to a  fighting and civil war"

"What we  should do now is to continue our work until the regime is collapsed," the statement said.

"Declaring transitional council before collapse of the regime will only repeat the Libyan experience,"  warned the statement. 

The Houthi groups, As-Somood coalition as they call themselves in the protest squares, were not represented in the 17-member council.

Muhsen Bin Fareed, secretary general of the opposition party, Ray, whose name was mentioned in the unilaterally declared  council, refused this  transitional council and called for a national council instead  between the south and the north with each side represented with 50 per cent of the council.

Backlashes  continued among the protest groups and individuals  on Sunday.
A post-graduate student from Al Zandani radical and fundamental university of Al-Eman,totally refused the council.
"I would call this council, Tawakul and Khaled  al Ansi's council,it's one hundred per cent failed," said Al Musanif referring to the two leading protesters widely believed to be behind the non-recognized council.

 "Those behind this council should have listened to our clerics," added   Al Musanif from his tent where hundreds of students of Al Eman university  are camping out.

He referred to his Shiekh AlZandani who prohibited transitional councils earlier this month. 

Abdul  Rehman Al Qubati, independent leading protester,however said,
"The council is a good  step towards the  completion of the revolution regardless of its drawbacks."

"The timing was not good, and we have some reservations over some names in the council like Ali Nasser Mohammed," said Al Qubati.

Hamid Qahtan a  leading member of Islah said , "This council is only to thwart  our revolution,and I think Tawakul and Khalid Al Ansi are working with foreign bodies against Yemen," 
 Qahtan  works as principal of secondary school in Sanaa and he is a leading protester ad well.

A  group of protesters calling themselves, a civil alliance of Yemeni revolution , refused the  transitional council in a statement published Sunday.

 The alliance,which includes a number of modern and  liberal groups from different political backgrounds, said the 17-member council was made without any consultations and agreements with the effective forces.

"We refuse the so-called 17-member presidential transitional council declared by the so-called the preparatory committee of revolution youth council," said a  statement of the alliance issued Sunday.

Earlier on Saturday immediately after that council was declared, Yemeni leading  protesters voiced their refusal  describing the council as a dead newborn.

The 17-member council was declared by the female leading protester Tawakul Karman without agreement of the main opposition parties  including her Islamist party ,Islah that leads the opposition protests.
"This council will never succeed,it was done and declared overnight without even the agreement of its members," said the leading protester Najib Abdul Rehman.
Judge Fahim Muhsen, one  of the 17 members declared, denied his knowledge of the council.

"I heard about this council only from media,I am still doing my work,and we as judges will always keep away from politics,"said  Judge Fahim whose name was mentioned in the alleged council as chairman of the supreme judicial council.

The deputy minister of information said the council would not work at all.
"The government is till there,the institutions are still there,the legal and elected president is still there," said Abdul Janadi,deputy minister of information.

"So they  can  form their council only in the sky, and it's allowed there," he added.
 The leading protester Najeeb  Abdul Rehman believes that the idea if a real transitional council was killed today by declaring a council without coordination .
"I think Tawakul was secretly told by her party to kill our dreams of forming a real council, now the idea is killed and this  is what the Islah wants," said Najeeb Abdul Rehman.
Earlier last week, the cleric Abdul Majeed Al Zandani,the most  extremist and influential  cleric in the Islamist party, Islah,said that forming a transitional council violating the rules of Shariah and those who want to form a council should review their religion.

At least two more groups of the protesters declared transitional councils,and many more are on their way to declare.

Adel Abdu,spokesman of the group who delayed their council last Tuseday,said no council would succeed without representation of the majority of the forces including the ruling party.
"I think what was declared today is just an attempt to confuse the public before the return of President Saleh," said Adel."This council is a dead newborn."

However the leading protester Ameen Arrabyee agreed with the council, saying the opposition parties would not do anything if they wait.
"This is what the young people should do, we should not wait, and I think we have taken the right step," said  Arrabyee.

No comments:

Post a Comment