Tuesday, 11 August 2009

President Saleh warns the Al Houthi rebels

By Nasser Arrabyee 10/08/2009

Sana'a- The Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh warned Monday the Al Houthi rebels and held them responsible for continuation of breaching the cease-fire that he announced last year.

"The rebels continue their frequent breaches and assaults against citizens, their properties, burning farms, destroying houses, schools and mosques as well as hindering the development projects in the governorate," President Saleh said in a meeting held late Monday with the supreme security committee and leaderships of Defense and Interior Ministries and the field military leadership of Sa'ada.

President Saleh said that the rebels also hindered the reconstruction process in Sa'ada for which, he said, 50 million dollars was allocated.

The Saleh's meeting with military and security commanders called upon the citizens of Sa'ada to cooperate with "their brothers in the military and security forces to encounter the saboteurs and rebels of Al Houthi."

Saleh's warnings came after failure of a cease-fire truce reached yesterday Sunday between the rebels and government.

Mohammed Abdul Salam, the spokesman of Al Houthi said that field military commanders violated the truce today Monday by attacking on them.

"Yes, we reached a truce yesterday Sunday of many points including a cease fire, and that troops withdraw from the new positions, but military commanders in some areas like Maran violated the truce today," the spokesman told Gulf News over phone from Sa'ada.

No comments:

Post a Comment