Yemeni NGO to sue Turkish government for increasing assassinations with Turkish guns
By Nasser Arrabyee,25/12/2012
The National Organization for Combating Violence and Terrorism, Kefah, said that Turkish government should be held fully responsible for all political assassinations of security and military officials.
Today Tuesday, December 25, 2012, two high ranking military officials were assassinated in the capital Sanaa by guns provided with silencers.
At least three shipments of Turkish weapons, mainly pistols with silencers, were confiscated by Yemeni authorities in different ports like Aden, Hodeidah, and Mukalla. The last one was Turkish pistols in Hais district of the western province of Hodeidah.
The President Abdu Rabu Mansour Hadi promoted Tuesday the soldiers of the check point who discovered the shipment last week to first lieutenant and gave each one of them one million Yemeni Rial, that's about 5,000 US dollars each.
The organization Kefah, said the Turkish government must say who imported the weapons, and must stop doing all that against Yemen.
If not, the organization warned in a statement sent to local media Tuesday, we will file a lawsuit before the International Criminal Court against the Turkish government and its prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
The organization Kefah said that it has copies of the investigations over the shipments of Turkish weapons confiscated recently in Yemen.