By Nasser Arrabyee/06/01/2010
Three Al Qaeda suspects were arrested in a hospital where they were having treatments for injuries they sustained in clashes with the Yemeni anti-terror forces earlier this week, the Ministry of Interior said Wednesday.
The three men, who were arrested in the hospital of Al Raidah in Amran province, were serving as bodyguards for the alleged leader of Al Qaeda in Arhab area Mohammed Ahmed Al Haneq who escaped a raid on his hideout last Monday. Two Al Qaeda suspects were killed in that raid.
Four other men, who took the injured Al Qaeda suspects to the hospital, were also arrested for helping and covering Al Qaeda militants, said the ministry in a statement.
The Ministry also said that the war on Al Qaeda would continue almost daily to prevent Al Qaeda militants from taking breath after the preemptive strikes on their hideouts and training camps last months.
The US and UK embassies in Sana'a reopened Tuesday after the Monday raid on Al Haneq's group in Arhab where the terror threats allegedly came from.
The US embassy said in statement, "The successful counter-terrorism operations conducted by the government of Yemen security forces January 4 north of the capital have addressed a specific area of concern and have contributed to the embassy's decision to resume operations.", despite the fact that the operation failed to kill or arrest the Mohammed Ahmed Al Hanek, the leader the terrorist group.