Tuesday, 23 February 2010
Return to war in statements
By Nasser Arrabyee/23/02/2010
The spokesman of Al Houthi rebels said Tuesday that the Yemeni government has not stopped fighting against them, and the situation of war is still standing.
Sources from the old city of Sa'ada, said that the rebels who still barricade in some houses did not allow the mediation committee to enter for removing the mines.
Earlier in the day, the government's supreme security committee said Al Houthi rebels are not implementing all the six conditions they accepted for ending the war and they started to do the same things they did before the previous wars.
Al Houthi rebels have come back to kidnapping citizens, plundering their houses, and these practices recalled what they were doing before the sixth round of war which erupted in August last year, said the committee in a statement carried out by the state-run media.
"The only thing that Al Houthi rebels have done so far is, reopening some roads, removing some mines," The statement said.
The committee held the rebels responsible for any failure in implementing all the six conditions set by the government from the very beginning of war, and the rebels accepted them all after six months of war.
However, Al Houthi, refused to hand over the removed mines, and refused to hand over the heavy weapons, and military and civil equipments they plundered during the war, and they did not released the people they kidnapped from Saudis and Yemenis, the statement said.
Some observers say that Al Houthi rebels only focus on solving the conflict with Saudi Arabia and keep procrastinating with the Yemeni government to gain time for re-organizing themselves for a new round of war.
In spite of all these difficulties, all four committees, in charge of supervising the implementation of six conditions, are continuing their work in the four main places, the areas around Sa'ada, Harf Sufyan, Al Malahaid, and the borders with Saudi Arabia.
But, Mohammed Al Hawri, chairman of the mediation committee at the borders with Saudi Arabia, said the credibility or incredibility of Al Houthi rebels will be very clear when all districts under the control of the rebels are handed over to the local authority officials and security forces.
"The mediation committees are now waiting for the local authority officials to take over the districts, which were under the rebellion, and then can understand the credibility of Al Houthi," said Al Hawri.
مرسلة بواسطة Nasser Arrabyee في 08:07