Tuesday, 23 February 2010
Two missing Saudi soldiers died, Al Houthi rebels say
By Nasser Arrabyee/24/02/2010
The two Saudi soldiers captured by Al Houthi rebels are not alive, said a statement by the rebels Wednesday.
Earlier this month, Al Houthi rebels handed over three Saudi soldiers to the Saudi authorities via the Yemeni government as a part of the six conditions accepted by the rebels for ending the war.
According to the Saudi army, five Saudi soldiers went missing during the battles with the rebels who attacked the territories of Saudi Arabia early November before they were driven out in about 45 days later.
This statement came after the government said the rebels were procrastinating in handing over the Saudi and Yemeni captured soldiers, and that they were trying to prevent the Yemeni army from deployment in some places.
Since both sides announced the truce in February 12, the mediation committees have been working on implementation of the six conditions, which include the rebels going down from the mountains and handing over the heavy and medium-sized weapons.
The committees say, the rebels did not hand over the weapons, they even kept the mines which were removed from the roads which were reopened, and they have not yet descended from the mountains and they have not removed all the barricades in the houses, heights and farms.
مرسلة بواسطة Nasser Arrabyee في 23:27