By Nasser Arrabyee/06/10/2009
Al Kawsi made it clear that the number of those arrested in the old city from the beginning of the war on August 10th, is now about 200 rebels. But, he said 40 of them were released after being proved not involved in the armed rebellion.
"The workshops remained afire for hours after the bombing," the statement said.
On their side, the rebels said they shot down a Mig 29 fighter over the areas around Sa'ada city, specifically in Al Makash area late Monday. The army confessed, but said that a Russian-made Sokhoi fighter crashed over the area due to a technical fault.
This is the second fighter to be crashed within one week, from the beginning of the war.
The army has been focusing on air strikes over the last few days with the troops making no progress in the ground in almost all the frontlines.
The President Ali Abdullah Saleh met earlier this week in the capital Sana'a with new brigades who were in their way to Sa'ada for enhancing the big forces already there.